Using the licensed version of Windows operating system is highly recommended. The licensed copy of Windows operating system gives you the best experience and access to lots of features. But, if you are using the unlicensed version of windows operating system or a Pirated version of Windows, then you can see the popup messages saying “This copy of Windows is not genuine” error. If you are using the Pirated version, then you can see this message every 5-6 minutes, which is very frustrating.
If you are having the problem of “This copy of windows is not genuine”, then you should check out the procedure in this post, to get rid of this issue. The Windows Operating System is the best OS for using on desktop computers. The Error popup with “This copy of Windows is not Genuine” affects the performance of your computer. It may reduce the speed of equipment and the battery life if you are using the laptop.
Read and Follow the below-mentioned steps to get rid of This copy of Windows is Not a genuine error. We’ve tried and tested these steps on a pirated windows version, and it worked perfectly.
Steps to Solve This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine
The Steps are quite simple for newbies. This trick works great for removing the Error message from the Genuine copy of Windows OS. If you are using Pirated copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 Operating System, then it’ll take just a minute to solve the issue. So, let’s proceed to the steps:
- First of all, you have click on ‘Start’ Menu and find the Command Prompt. You can run the command prompt directly from the start menu or Press ‘Win+R’ button to open ‘Run’ option. Now, enter ‘cmd’ (without quotes) in the text box and click enter. The Command Prompt will open. Otherwise, you can search in the ‘Start’ menu and find the Command Prompt option. Right-click on the Command Prompt icon and Choose “Run as Administrator”.
- In Command Prompt, type ‘SLMGR –REARM’ (without quotes) and click ‘Enter’.
- After clicking ‘Enter’, you’ll see the Popup message, saying the “Command completed”. That means the command has worked on your PC to resolve this issue.
- Now, Restart your Desktop or laptop and This copy of Windows is Not Genuine message will not appear again.
If you are getting the same popup event after following the steps mentioned above, then you should try another trick, which should work on any computer.
- First of all, head towards the ‘Control Panel’ from the start menu and open it.
- Now, click on the “Windows updates” option or the “Uninstall a Program” option. In both options, you’ll see the “view installed updates” on the left side of the Window, click on it.
- You’ll see the total Windows updates which are installed in your PC over the time. Now, you’ve to find the update with name ‘KB971033’ and click on it.
- Now, you’ll see the ‘Uninstall’ button on the top of the installed updates section. Click on it and Uninstall the selected update.
- After uninstallation, restart your PC, so the changes will take effect.
The upgrade ‘KB971033’ is the reason behind this message in Windows operating System. Microsoft pushed this update for Windows operating system to discourage the Pirated Windows users.
So, this is how you can solve ‘This copy of Windows is Not Genuine’ Error in Windows 7 or 8 operating system. We hope that you solved this error by following the steps shared by us. If you are facing the same problem even after following above steps, then immediately comment here using the comment box.